We have an “open door” policy for parents at our Centre. Parent involvement is extremely important and the Centre encourages parents and family members to become involved in our daily activities. By volunteering some of your spare time, you will better understand what we do and how your child spends part of their day.
Parents may become involved by:
- Visiting the Centre and joining in the programme
- Sharing any special skills hobbies or interests that they may have
- Reading the notice boards, newsletters and messages in pockets.
- Assisting with excursions
- Sharing your child’s experiences with craft, story-telling, music, etc
- Viewing the programme and discussing the displays, watching your child play in a group or helping with a puzzle
- Supporting fund raising activities and social events
- Discussing any problems or concerns with our staff
- Sharing a SMILE with those in need of one
Parents are also encouraged to advise the Director or Group Leader of any changes in the family or home situation (e.g. divorce, separation of parents, special events such as a new baby, death of a close relative such as grandparents, etc). Significant change in behavior may arise as a result of this, so notification from a parent may greatly assist our staff in helping a child through this difficult period.